Dienstag, 24. März 2020

The great Modul Sew-Along

Today I would like to present my results of #thegreatmodulsewalong hosted by the two lovely youtubers Whidney from TomKat Stitchery and Carla from Stay Stitching. The challenge runs on instragram, but I would like to take the oportunity to show the makes on my blog as well.

The idea of sewing in modules is to have a cohesive wardrobe wiht coordinating pieces. You will find more information on sewing in modules at Whitneys channel. I can highly recommend her vlog. A modul consists of six pieces, a topper which is a jacket or a cardigan, two bottoms like pants or skirts and three tops (t-shirts, blouses). Additionally you can select a one-piece like a dress or a jumpsuit. All tops should go together will the two bottoms and the topper should go with the the three tops and the two bottoms and also with the additional one-piece. With six garmens you can have up to 12 differen combinations, with the additional one-piece up to 14.

I started with two fabrics and built my modul around it. The selected color palett is rather unusual for me, but I´m very pleases how it turned out.






For the topper I selected the Lourdes cropped jacket by Named Clothing. The main fabric is a light and soft linnen I had in my stash. It is lined with a viscose lining fabric.


My first bottom is the Mountain View Pull on Jeans from Itch to Stitch sewed in a stretch denim.


The second bottom is the Hettie skirt by Fibre Mod. I used the same linen as for the Lourdes jacket. As the fabric is rather sheer I lined the first tier of the skirt with a viscose lining fabric. My first idea for the fabric was the Rae pants by Named Clothing but for my taste the fabric was to sheer for unlined trousers. Therefore I changed my plans and I am now very pleased how the Hettie skirt turned out.


My first top is Burda 116 from issue 2/20 made out of a viscose jersey. I presented the shirt in a seperate blog post two three weeks ago.


For my second top I selected the Ottobre pattern Golden Amber from issue 5/18. The fabric is a remnant from my Gerda dress (the one-piece for this modul). I had only enough of this lovely viscose fabric for the front. Therefore I used a brown viscose as a second fabric for the back.



My last topper is a not yet released pattern for which I was a pattern tester. The pattern will be releases by AnniNanni soon. I used a rest of a polyester satin for the front and the back and the same brown fabric as for the back of the Ottobre top for the sleeves.


My one-piece is the Gerda dress by Konfettipattern. Is uses the same lovely viscose as for the Ottobre top for the dress. I presented the dress already in a blogpost last year. It is actually the only "olther" piece I put into the modul. The other six items are fresh makes.



In this collage you can see all 14 outfits together.

I am realy impressed how many garments I made in this relatively short amount of time. I sewed six of the garments since January, only the dress is a make from last year. Thank you very much Whitney and Carla for this great motivation and inspirationen you provided with #thegreatmodulsewalong challenge.

Take care and keep on sewing,
Julia


The Creative Lover
DvD
Creadienstag


1 Kommentar:

  1. great job! I really like the long skirt with the short jacket! great with your hair color!

    AntwortenLöschen